...here be dragons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This deserves a new post

Go down

This deserves a new post Empty This deserves a new post

Post by S W Dickson Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Been playing about with the concept previously discussed of having no tables, or much reference required. And whilst trying to keep everything in the realm of familiarity as well as elegant, I've come up with this little stat-table for your perusal -
M R F P A Sv L C
Human Warrior 4/4 4+ 3/7 3/7 1 6+ 1 3+

Okay, don't look terrific here, but HTML tables are not my forte! Anyway, this covers many sins, but is expandable or contractable on your needs, and does many things.

M - Movement
R - Ranged
F - Fight
P - Physical
A - Attacks
Sv - Saving throw
L - Life
C - Courage

Tests that need little opponent interaction are identified as simple dice rolls. Simple numbers indicate absolutes, as it were, such as model damage and Attacks available. And the numbers split by forward slashes are primary/scenodary or interactable. e.g. A human may move 8 in a turn, but may also shoot if he only moves his primary movement. e.g. ii - a human is fighting a human, and takes his primary fight skill away from his opponents secondary to reveal the roll he needs to hit (4+) - same for causing damage with the physical elements.

Simples. Looks a lot nicer in the way I've been laying it out to be honest! I've left out my "reactive" roll I've been working with for Earthshock, as it is not required for most games, but that was my requirement - malleability. This should work rather well as a concept for most game systems, and feel free to subtract/add what you feel is required for your own ideas. I'm behind this though.

The proposal here generally is that no conversion tables will be required to be looked up as all the information for each warrior will be presented in their statline. It should also be fairly interchangeable with other systems for quick conversion jobs.

I digress, the table abbreviations were chosen for clarity with unique letters. I'm wondering whether a symbolical approach would be good, but these could be misconstrued. The human statline is not meant to be final, but as an example BTW.
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

https://herebedragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

This deserves a new post Empty Re: This deserves a new post

Post by S W Dickson Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 am

Since I hate doing HTML, I thought I'd export my WIP of a printy PDF thing. No images in there, thought I'd just let everyone see it. It makes a bit more sense like this. But yeah, WIP, definitely.

Warshock PDF (Google Docs)
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

https://herebedragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum