...here be dragons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On hols

2 posters

Go down

On hols Empty On hols

Post by S W Dickson Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 am

Just a wee note to say that I'm off for a week next week to a land that broadband forgot. I will not be able to post much stuff. I will however take plenty of notes and maybe a sketch book, so it won't all be fruitless. I'm sure some nice landscape photography will occur as well.

TTFN

Scotty D
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

https://herebedragons.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

On hols Empty Re: On hols

Post by S W Dickson Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Okay, I is back. Went away for a week, and behold, my ethernet card dies! So I finally got around to picking up a new one, so here I am. Pc feels nippier after I removed about two tonne of dust bunnies and a healthy defrag.
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sucramreverse Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:18 pm

awesome, but now what??
sucramreverse
sucramreverse

Back to top Go down

Post by S W Dickson Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 pm

Erm, stuff. I'm going through what I have so far - which is most of a fairly comprehensive set of rules (minus Regimental and Vehicle stuff) that is in some need of sorting out. A high degree of editing, pictorialisation and stuff needed - the "does it need a different rule?" question keeps popping up - some things may be better consolidated into one simple test for things (jumping and Difficult Terrain etc.)

So yeah, it's getting there.

I've also been checking on what can and can't be done with digital printing. I was going through a bunch of online storesx for such things, looking primarilly at the lovely high-end printing - then I came across something cool at work that inspired me - an A5 size spiral bound strategy guide - nice and durable, and utimately more useful on a tabletop than trying to keep your A4 format book held open with various ornaments. Keep your page open at the page you need, printed on heavy enough paper not to fall out of the binding at the first opportunity, and hard enough to home print to make it worthwhile buying at a decent price. I'd still personally like the "premium" book format as well myself, but the spiral format is just so useful as a gaming aid.
S W Dickson
S W Dickson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down